To sign up for Empower, all you need to do is complete these 3 simple steps:
- Download the Empower app from the App Store or Play Store onto your phone
- Tell us about yourself so that we can set up your account for you
- Connect your external bank accounts and get started!
On occasion, we may need some additional information to set up your account. This manual review process can take up to 3 business days.
Please note that you will need to connect at least one external bank account to get started.
To link your account:
- Tap on "Securely connect account"
- Select your bank. If you can't find it in the list, search for your bank in the search bar at the top of the page.
We use a data provider, Plaid, to connect your external accounts.
Sometimes, you might encounter errors when trying to link your account. If you get a general error, you can typically try again at a later time. If you continue to get errors, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into it for you.
Here are some tips:
- Ensure that your login credentials (username and password) are correct
- Ensure that the permissions in your external account allow you to connect to external institutions. You may need to contact your bank to change your security settings.