Signing up is easy, all you need to do is complete these 3 simple steps:
- Download the Empower app from the App Store or Play Store onto your phone
- Tell us about yourself so that we can set up your account for you
- Connect your accounts and get started!
On occasion, we may need some additional information to set up your account. This manual review process can take up to 3 business days.
Please note that you will need to connect at least one account to get started. The more accounts you connect to our app, the better we'll be able to pass on relevant and useful financial insights and savings opportunities to you.
To link your account:
- Tap on "Securely connect account"
- Select your bank. If you can't find it in the list, search for your bank in the search bar at the top of the page.
We use a data provider, Plaid, to connect your external accounts.
Sometimes, you might encounter errors when trying to link your account. If you get a general error, you can typically try again at a later time. If you continue to get errors, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into it for you.
Here are some tips:
- Ensure that your login credentials (username and password) are correct
- Ensure that the permissions in your external account allow you to connect to external institutions. You may need to contact your bank to change your security settings.