As of 5/1/2020 all legacy Empower accounts held at Evolve Bank & Trust have been closed, meaning the debit card and account are no longer active. If you completed the migration process and opened a new Empower account, then the new account and new card are still active.
1. What is happening with the money remaining in my account? Remaining funds will be mailed via check to the address on file on 5/1. You should expect a check in 8-10 business days. If you still have pending transactions, your check will be mailed on 5/12 to ensure all funds have settled.
2. What if I no longer live at the address on file? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (instructions below) to update the address on file.
3. When will my check arrive?
If there are no pending transactions on your account as of 5/1: Your check will be mailed out on Friday 5/1, after which it should arrive within 8-10 business days.
If there are any pending transactions on your account as of 5/1: Your check will be mailed out on Tuesday, 5/12, after which it will take 8-10 business days to arrive.
4. Will my old account still work? No. Your old account/routing number and card number will no longer work. Please remember to redirect your paycheck deposits and automated payments.
5. Will I still be able to receive my direct deposit / stimulus check? No. Your account is closed, so any deposits sent to your account/routing will be returned. You will need to update your account/routing details with your employer.
6. I’m expecting a card refund from a merchant. Will it still go through? Yes. We can still process card refunds. If you are expecting a refund for a transaction you already made, we will send a check with the refunded amount to the address on record when it arrives.
7. Can I dispute a transaction on my closed account. Yes. We will process disputes as we normally do. If any provisional credit is applied, we will send a check with the funds to the address on record.
8. How do I contact you with questions on my old account? For questions on the old account you can email email@example.com or call +1 (415) 993-4301. Live support is available Mon-Fri (6AM - 6PM PT) and Sat-Sun (8:30AM - 5PM PT).
9. How do I contact you with questions on my new account? For questions about the new account, please reach out in the app or at firstname.lastname@example.org