To start, please make sure to link the account you receive your payroll in to your Empower app.
You can check to see whether or not you're qualified in the home page of the app after you tap on "Check eligibility now."
Each item under "Qualifications" shows whether you are qualified for that offer or not.
To become qualified for an offer, you'll have to meet requirements in that section. Tap on each qualification in your app for details.
There are three tiers of qualifications:
- Base offer ($50)
- Cash Advance account must have been active for at least 120 days
- Account must average at least 2 transactions per day
- Must have three recurring deposits from the same employer
- Average monthly take home income must exceed $1,000
- Paycheck at Empower ($50)
- Direct deposit of paycheck into your Empower account
- Maintain an account balance of $100 two days after pay date
- Positive account balance for most of recent activity
- Account is in good standing
- Repayment history ($50)
- Three successful Cash Advance repayments with Empower as destination account
Q: What if I'm self-employed, get paid via payments apps or in cash, or if I don't get consistent payroll deposits?
A: We wouldn't be able to offer a Cash Advance at this time if we aren't able to detect consistent recurring payroll deposits from an employer. However, we are exploring ways in the future to offer Advances to users that are not paid via standard direct deposits.
Q: I've repaid my Cash Advance. When can I get another?
A: We set your repayment date based on the pay cycle we detected. Once the repayment is debited from your account, it will take 3 business days to process. You will then be able to see when your next Cash Advance is available.