To start, please make sure to link the account you receive your payroll in to your Empower app.
You can check to see whether or not you're qualified in the home page of the app after you tap on "Check eligibility now."
Each item under "Qualifications" shows whether you are qualified for that offer or not.
To become qualified for an offer, you'll have to meet requirements in that section. Tap on each qualification in your app for details.
There are three tiers of qualifications:
- Base offer ($50)
- Cash Advance account must have been active for at least 60 days
- Account must average at least 2 transactions per day
Current account balance must be healthy
Must have three recent, recurring deposits of $200 or more from same employer
- Average monthly take home income must exceed $500
- Maintain an account balance of at least $50 up to two days* after pay date (this must be detected for at least the past 4 pay periods)
- Paycheck at Empower ($50)
- Direct deposit of paycheck into your Empower account (Click here from your mobile device to set this up in the app.)
Satisfy all requirements for "Base offer"
- Repayment history ($150)
- Three successful Cash Advance repayments with Empower as destination account
Satisfy all requirements for "Paycheck at Empower"
Q: What if I'm self-employed, get paid via payments apps or in cash, or if I don't get consistent payroll deposits?
A: We wouldn't be able to offer a Cash Advance at this time if we aren't able to detect consistent recurring payroll deposits from an employer. However, we are exploring ways in the future to offer Advances to users that are not paid via standard direct deposits.
Q: I've repaid my Cash Advance. When can I get another?
A: We set your repayment date based on the pay cycle we detected. Once the repayment is debited from your account, it will take 3 business days to process. You will then be able to see when your next Cash Advance is available.
*1 day on certain institutions