Empower does not charge overdraft fees because transactions should decline/return if there are insufficient funds. In the case that your external bank charges you an overdraft fee due to a debit attempt made by Empower, we will reimburse the following:
- overdraft fees caused by Cash Advance repayment attempts
- your first overdraft fee caused by a subscription fee debit
- your first overdraft fee caused by an AutoSave debit
Please keep in mind that we will not refund overdraft fees caused by transfers initiated by you in the app.
Feel free to reach out to our team via email at email@example.com if you need assistance with an overdraft fee.
Tips to Prevent Overdraft Fees
Review your repayment date when you accept your Cash Advance. If you need to change your repayment date, please make sure to reach out to us at least 3 business days before your scheduled repayment date.
Use the Empower app to track your account balances on all your linked accounts. For example, if you notice that your checking account balance drops below your planned spending, you can transfer money from your savings account or another account to prevent overdraft fees.
Review and make changes to your AutoSave according to your needs:
- On the Home tab, tap on "View Details"
- On the top of the Account tab, select your AutoSave account
- You will then see the AutoSave section in the middle, tap on "Edit"
- Make changes to update your AutoSave
Or, you can pause your AutoSave at the bottom of the edit page to prevent new automatic AutoSave transactions.